Important It comes with a heavy heart that I have to say this.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GoldenWarrior117, Nov 2, 2016.

?

How many years have you been playing on GoldenCraft?

1. 4+

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. 2

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 1

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. I just recently joined

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. GoldenWarrior117

GoldenWarrior117 Administrator Staff Member

Hello GoldenCrafters,
    It comes with a heavy heart that I even have to type this message out, but in short the GoldenCraft Network is shutting down as of this weekend on Sunday the 6th of November @ 8PM EST. Due to the lack of funding / help with back end stuff we cant keep the GoldenCraft Network running anymore.

The Story of GoldenCraft ( Summed up ):
    - In late December of 2011 a group of friends wanted to make a Minecraft server to just have fun and hang out (Renaissance_Man, Mike, GoldenWarrior117 ). Later that week we had a running Minecraft server running on my own personal Acer Mini-Laptop running Minecraft version 1.0.1_Server. Even though the console would spam 'Couldn't keep up' with just 3 people on it, it was still great fun.
    - As the months progressed we had made a huge town with the help of some additional people that had joined but the initinal fun of just making stuff died down as we had no one to share it with. So in April 10th 2012 we bought a beastnode dedicated Minecraft servers with only 512MB of ram. The very next day the 11th of April we bought the domain of GoldenCraft.co and went live to the world. As the months went on we were expending at an extreme rate, at the peak of everything GoldenCraft was averaging around 612 players on at one time.
    - Fast forward almost 5 years, and here we are, GoldenCraft one of the oldest minecraft servers that I have had the pleasure of running with great people and friends is finally shutting down. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Some final stats:
    - 347,628 unique users have joined in total.
    - A total of 27,457,683 mobs have been killed on survival, factions/pvp, skyblock and event servers.
    - A total of 1,010,826 Infected players have been killed.
    - A total of 42,056,405,475 blocks have been changed in total ( most being in creative ).

I would like personally thank the following people, without their help GoldenCraft wouldn't have been as awesome.
    CraftedFury, Jpswagg ( iJpex ), Gingar ( iGingar ), SirNeeeb, Proto, Gello2000, GenericUsername, Ak_saurus_REX, catnib, Jmss, Yellowlamp1, Renaissance_Man, Sophienbandit, Ohnoxide, Sousabone, Nickstermagster, Jarpan777, mydogyoyo, ThexboxNerd, epicnoobgoblin, HA8041, nathanlom, Surf, Kyle_shelley, steamice23, archergirl9, Naptone, Milyys_Stardust, Salda_Rommeaaab, xxwolf_ownsxx, LutenitKoala, Refillzzz, terraformer4, Bbutterworth, GrtAlexander560, VillageDefender, ChasingReality, apn999, Shoum, Obeymysupreme, xpertated, Hipster_Swaqq, Reddd10, redx329, Briggysmalls, Rose, cactus_creeper, kooler2666, dragonreign777, skater4d3ath666, Danurrito,Seeker17, Echo_Whisper, youser_name, CarelessDragon, KillerS, wildqueso, _Sora and to all the donators out their who have donated in the past, Thank you.

If you have a story that you want to share about your time on GoldenCraft, please post it below I and a few other people would love to read it.

- GoldenWarrior117
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Pug_ likes this.
  2. NicksterMagster

NicksterMagster Guest

As someone who has been here for 5 years or so, I've been on here for more than 1/4 of my entire life. GoldenCraft has been the place I could always go to when life got hard, or I needed a friend to talk to. I've met so many amazing people, not just on my couple year journey running pixelmon, but on the network as well. A few of these people helped me get through my lowest points in life. I can say for certain that if it weren't for this community I wouldn't be sitting here right now. And even though it brings a tear to my eye, having to say goodbye, I'm glad I got to spend this time with all of you.You've all been some of the best friends a guy could ask for, and I wouldn't of wanted it any other way. Hopefully I can meet you all again at some point, but if not, it's been a damn fine pleasure spending these years with you all. From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone who made this possible, I'll miss every single one of you. <3
    GoldenWarrior117 likes this.
  3. Proto

Proto Staff Staff Member

From the first time I logged on and meekly said hello, I felt this place was special. GoldenCraft was the first and only server I ever tried, thanks to Neuradda for showing it to me, and for the past 3 years I've gotten on as much as possible.

Some say that I might've been wasting time, being antisocial, etc. But time isn't wasted when you enjoy what you are doing. Ive met so many people, each with their own unique story and passions, and to each person I wish the best. When you are able to look upon an event, even something so minor in the grand scheme of things, and get a lump in your throat, you know that event, truly, was great. All good things must come to an end.

GoldenCraft, and its population, will forever hold a space in my heart. I knew that whenever I was feeling down, needed someone to talk to, or just wanted to relax, put on some smooth jazz and build away, GoldenCraft was waiting for me. So if you ever need someone to talk to, hang out with on Skype, don't be shy and say hi.

As a great man (who goes by the username Golden) once said, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." As I reminisced about past events, I came to realize that nothing was more true than those 9 words.

And while I struggle to come up with any more great words of wisdom, and before I embarrass myself by putting down gibberish, I would like to close with a couple of words:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

To the wonderful people of GoldenCraft

Thank you

Pootr
  4. NicksterMagster

NicksterMagster Guest

Actually, Proto, Golden stole my quote I gave him about "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"But that's ok, because it's a good quote <3
    [​IMG]
  5. JaxeyDog412

JaxeyDog412 New Member

Im gonna miss this server even with some of its flaws it was an amazing time with everyone from nickstermagster to omegafiresoul this has been the best past 5 years of my life and i don't want to see it go but better to let it die old rather then let it suffer.
  6. Proto

Proto Staff Staff Member

O well then tis the word of two great men :)
  7. JaxeyDog412

JaxeyDog412 New Member

can i be the new pixelmon owner so it doesnt go down alot of people like it and i want to keep it up.
    also i have put all that money into it.
    i can pay for it to keep it up.
  8. NicksterMagster

NicksterMagster Guest

Jaxey, Message me on my skype, you and I can work something out to keep Pixelmon up.
  9. 123123hio

123123hio New Member

Hey, I was on my server list and saw the message about the server shutting down.
    Sorry to hear the news, although i was not an active member of goldencraft, I use to come on a lot and enjoyed the server with some of my friends, I made some great memories on goldencraft, so even though I'm not an active member of the community, I am still going to miss this server.

Throughout my time on goldencraft I have made some nice friends, made some good memories and enjoyed my time on the server.
    So its sad to see it shutting down :c
  10. SunTerror55

SunTerror55 New Member

I saw the motd on the sever list, and I was in disbelief. This has always been my favorite server, and I'm sad this has to end. I will tell my other friends about this. I say, with a heavy heart, farewell goldencraft.
  11. The_Dragon_of_MC

The_Dragon_of_MC New Member

I do say, I loved Goldencraft for what it was, a place to hang out with friends, and make new ones. and it was exactly that. for me, it was a place of sanctuary, a place i could go to, to relive my stress. the staff were always nice and kind. When i realized GC was getting shut down, a hole was shot through my heart. I don't want to see it go. from now on, i will try to make a server, as a tribute to GC, but i need information on how. With many regards to the people i have met on GC, i say, farewell and goodbye GoldenCraft
    SunTerror55 likes this.
  12. catnib

catnib Staff Staff Member

Cheers for the good times and great memories.
  13. SunTerror55

SunTerror55 New Member

I guess I'll never get that staff rank that I've always wanted. I'd make great staff, all that money I spent on my rank... now I won't have a minecraft server to use anymore. v.v I also Have a question, what if we goldencrafters somehow got money to partly pay for the server? Would It make any difference?
  14. GoldenWarrior117

I personally would like to thank you, your generous donations have been able to keep the server up for about 7 months, as for if we get money sadly that is too late we missed 2 bills on our dedicated servers and it will be shutting down on Sunday.
  15. Noteizm

Noteizm New Member

Cya', GC.
  16. abacchetta

abacchetta New Member

It's really too bad about Goldencraft. I remember back in 2013 when I joined the server, It was my second ever Minecraft server. I remember Survival Games when we all used to play together. I remember Rowley_15 and Fart_Face112, and Donut02. Those were the days. I remember being banned by Catnib because of griefing, then I played on my other account when I was supposed to be banned. Why? Because Goldencraft was life. The thing about Goldencraft mainly was it's friendliness and just.. When we went on, you get a feeling that you are home.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 4, 2016 ---
    Why won't Goldencraft load right now? Don't tell me it was shut down early...
  17. GoldenWarrior117

The server it seems was forcefully shutdown by our host earlier they were supposed to shut it down Sunday.
  18. Proto

Proto Staff Staff Member

nows the chance sue em for a million dollars and get a new server lol
  19. SunTerror55

SunTerror55 New Member

Some memorable pictures

Attached Files:

20. prestonkook78

prestonkook78 New Member

I had recently just started playing minecraft again (I'd stopped because people were trying to insult me for playing minecraft... then I realized I don't care what people say.) Anyway I saw this was shutdown and was really disapointed. You see I had a server I played when I first started playing minecraft, and I played it all the time then it shut down, and it sucked. Then one day I found goldencraft and it became a newer version of this server, I met some cool people (The_pacifish, Abechetta, and more), and I also met a really cool staff (cause for some reason they don't fit under the people description). Anyway I would just like to say thanks for the great time!